Changes to National Minimum Wage from 1st April 2021:
- National Living Wage for ages 23 and above increases to £8.91 per hour
- NMW increases from £8.20 to £8.36 for 21 to 22 year olds
- NMW increases from £6.45 to £6.56 for 18 to 20 year olds
- NMW increases from £4.55 to £4.62 for 16 and 17 year olds
- NMW increases from £4.15 to £4.30 for apprentices.
New Statutory Rates from 6th April 2021:
Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay, Shared Parental Pay, Statutory Adoption Pay and Statutory Parental Bereavement Pay increase to £151.97 per week (or 90% of the employees’ average weekly earnings if less than the statutory rate)
Statutory Sick Pay increases from £95.85 to £96.35 per week.
Maximum weekly pay calculations for statutory redundancy payments increases from £538 to £544 where the date of termination is after 6th April 2021.
Off payroll working to be extended to large and medium sized private sector employers.
Please contact the HR Genie if you need any further information on the above changes.